At Shifnal Dental Care we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience or our services, If patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved quickly.
Our complaints procedures,
- The person(s) responsible for dealing with complaints are our Principal Dentist Dr Maciej Wozniak or our Practice Manager Leigh Boulton depending on the nature of the complaint.
- If a patient complains over the telephone or at reception, we listen to their complaint and offer the patient to see Dr Wozniak immediately. If he is not available arrangements will be made for the patient to see him. At that point a member of staff dealing with the complaint may take a brief description from the patient, if the patient is happy to discuss the matter. Copy of full complaints procedure available to all patients on request.
- If we receive any complaints in writing or email, they are passed on to Dr Wozniak. Receipt of the complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days, a reply will be put in writing with a view of the patient coming into the surgery to discuss the matter. If the patient does not wish to come into the surgery, we will then attempt to resolve the issue over the telephone. Copy of full complaints procedure available to all patients on request.
- If we are delayed with investigating the complaint, we will write to the patient to notify them, giving reasons for the delay.
- We will confirm the decision in writing immediately after completing our investigating.
- Records of any complaint are kept at the practice and recorded in the complaints log.
- If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
- Shropshire Community Health (NHS) 01743 277500 Shropshire County Primary Care Trust, William Farr House, Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY3 8XL.
- The Dental Complaints Service (PRIVATE) 020 8253 0800
- General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ