What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for Ceramic Reconstruction.
If you need a partial crown, crown or a veneer, CEREC (by Dentsply Sirona), enables ceramic dental restorations to be digitally designed, manufactured and fitted in only one visit, without impression material.
After consultation, our dentist will scan the tooth using a 3D dental camera, then the dental prosthesis is designed as a 3D model on the computer and the restoration is manufactured directly in the practice – you can even watch the machine at work. The finished ceramic prosthesis is then inserted.
It’s that simple.
What Are the Benefits of Using CEREC?
- No Unpleasant Impressions – no impression material and no impressions tray in the mouth, which means no reflex or jaw ache.
- Faster and More Comfortable – the dental prosthesis is created digitally, regardless of whether you need a partial crown, crown or veneers. The treatment only takes approximately one hour (when taking impressions, this process would normally take up to two weeks).
- Only One Appointment Is Necessary – CEREC enables ceramic dental restorations to be inserted on the same day as your consultation.
- Say Goodbye to Temporary Prosthesis – your dental prosthesis will be designed, manufactured and inserted within one appointment.
- Looks like A Real Tooth:
- No dark crown margins
- Prevents wear of the tooth
- Largely excludes allergic reactions
- Only the decayed tooth surface is removed, healthy tooth substance is preserved.
- A Higher Quality Prosthesis – you can receive high-quality partial crown, crown or a veneer within approximately one hour. With an appropriate dental health routine, the quality of the prosthesis can be maintained for many years.
For esthetic ceramic crowns, partial crowns or veneers in a single visit, ask Shifnal Dental Care about CEREC. Call our surgery on 01952 460119.